As part of the implementation of the "Digital Uzbekistan-2030" strategy, a complex of large-scale events is planned (dated October 5, 2020 No. UP-6079). Programs "Digit al Government" and "Digital Region" for 2023-2024 within the framework of ongoing projects are as follows:
Within the framework of this strategy, 300 priority projects will be implemented in 2023-2024: (No. PP-162 dated May 24, 2023)
- 112 priority projects for the digitalization of public administration
- 51 priority projects for the digitalization of industries in the real sectors of the economy
- 137 priority projects for digital transformation of regions are planned.
By the end of 2023, as part of the increase in the number of services provided on the Unified Portal of Interactive Public Services to 570, 95 services will be introduced on the portal in the first place.
Practical measures are being organized to introduce billing systems in some sectors of the socio-economic sphere.
Through the Digital Government system, presented in digital form on the interagency integration platform, from December 1, 2023, 47 types of information will be delivered, from which the demand from the population and business entities will be relieved.
Notifications and notices sent to the population and business entities on the status of access to services
For the effective implementation of digitalization projects, as well as joint work with responsible ministries and providing them with comprehensive practical assistance, the activities of “project offices” without the status of a legal entity are organized at the State Institution “Digital Government Project Management Center”.
From June 1, 2023, part of the projects implemented by the republican and local executive authorities at the expense of external loans and gratuitous aid funds, directed to digital components, must be coordinated with the Ministry of Digital Technologies.
As part of the Digital Region program:
- The Digital Geoportal information system and the People's Control platform will be launched in the cities of Angren, Akhangaran, Yangiyul, Chirchik and Nurafshan by September 1, 2023, and in the cities of Jizzakh and Urgench by the end of 2023.
- 70 data from ministries and departments are integrated into the Digital Geoportal information system and the People's Control platform.
On digitalization of regions:
- for the implementation of projects for the digitalization of regions and their technical support, project offices are organized under the Digital Department
- The list of activities permitted for implementation by residents of the Technological Park of Software Products and Information Technologies (hereinafter referred to as the IT Park), the following additional areas:
- development and maintenance of multimedia, design and animation products using software;
- venture financing of projects in the field of information technology and the implementation of acceleration programs by organizations located on the territory of the IT park and its branches and registered at the legal address.
- to establish that the IT Park Directorate and legal entities that have a state share of 50 percent or more in the authorized capital are allowed to lease directly to IT Park residents with advanced digital technology start-up projects, real estate objects located on the territory of IT park.
At the same time, the funds received from the lease of real estate objects are left at the disposal of the balance holders of these objects.
In order to improve the system of training highly qualified specialists and personnel in the field of digital technologies:
As the next stage of the One Million Programmers project, foreign prestigious educational platforms are organizing the opportunity to study at online training courses in the IT direction. Wherein:
15,000 young people who have successfully completed the courses will be selected, who will develop the skills to carry out activities on an international scale;
For non-state educational centers, a one-time subsidy for each graduate who is employed in companies that are residents of the IT park and export IT services in the amount of up to 75 times the base calculated amount, and for young people with disabilities - up to 105 times the base calculated amount. amounts at the expense of the Fund for the Development of Digital Technologies;
The practice of issuing consumer loans for the purchase of computers for young people who have successfully completed their studies on foreign prestigious educational platforms and have an appropriate certificate continues;
From August 1, 2023, funds allocated to young people for the purchase of computers in the form of a microloan, as well as subsidies provided at the expense of the Youth Notebook Fund and the Ministry of Employment and Poverty Reduction, on the basis of a social contract, at their request, transfer to a separately opened bank card ( without the possibility of cashing out);
From October 1, 2023, a system is being introduced to cover 100 percent of the costs of obtaining international IT certificates by citizens with a level of knowledge of a foreign language at level B2 or more, in such areas as system management, database and cloud platform management, providing information security and other popular areas;
From April 1, 2024, the deputy heads and employees of state bodies and organizations responsible for digitalization, through a special information platform, are trained in the rules in the field of digitalization and legislative requirements based on the principle of "lifelong education".
In order to provide the population with high-quality digital infrastructure, all settlements will be fully covered by broadband mobile communications and broadband data networks by the end of 2024.
Starting from October 1, 2023, the Inspectorate for Control in the Sphere of Informatization and Telecommunications under the Ministry of Digital Technologies will establish digital control over the effectiveness of digital technology projects implemented by state bodies and organizations, over the quality, as well as the stability of digital services provided and technical activities of services.
As part of digital control, such quality indicators as expediency, level of implementation, state of use of projects of state bodies and organizations in the field of digital technologies, failures, stops and technical accidents in the operation of digital services and services, connection and effective technical functioning of the services of communication centers (telephones) are evaluated. trust, Call-centers, dispatching).
The Inspectorate for Control in the Sphere of Informatization and Telecommunications is given the authority to make mandatory submissions to republican and local executive authorities and state organizations to eliminate violations of the requirements of legislation in the field of communications, informatization and the digital economy.